Wednesday, January 23, 2013
T H I S Much
I just walked into the garage to get some hot chocolate packets, only to find LaVor's work clothes and boots taking up most of the entryway. Right next to his stuff were The Lime's boots.
I've said it once and I'll say it again...The Lime wants to be just like his daddy.
While I was getting ready this morning, I could hear The Lime asking for "Daddy". He might have been dreaming because he only did it a couple of times and then fell back asleep.
After I got him up and dressed, The Lime said he wanted to show LaVor something. I was still in his bedroom when he walked down the hall to our room. He got to the doorway, looked in and let out an, "Awwwwww!" when he realized LaVor had already left for work.
I immediately called LaVor so they could say good morning. They talked for a couple of minutes and then The Lime said, "I love you so much! I love you THIS much!"
I don't know what happened on the other end of the line but it made me cry.
He sure loves LaVor, even this much (we stretch our arms out as far as they'll go).
On the way to my sister's, The Lime reminded me that Daddy was going to pick him up at the end of the day.
I'm used to it now, but if LaVor isn't able to pick him up and I show up, The Lime throws a major fit. I am certainly not his favorite (unless he's hurt, then I get to cuddle him) and I'm fine with that.
I love that The Lime and LaVor are best buds and that they love each other THIS much.
(My sister shared with me the sweetest little story this morning. When she went to drop The Lime off yesterday, she didn't initially see LaVor's work truck. My niece spotted it and The Lime apparently got so excited, little tears started forming in his eyes. Geez! I just love 'em!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment