Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Melt My Heart

I have to write this down because I know in 5, 10 years these words will not be coming out of his mouth.

A few weeks ago, we were at a friend's wedding reception, sitting at a table with a few of LaVor's friends.  We don't see them often so they were getting the 411 from The Lime.  One of the guys asked, "If you could do ANYTHING for a day, what would you do?"  The Lime tapped his chin with his pointer finger, trying to think of a great idea.  I threw out going to the park, playing baseball, reading his books but he didn't like any of them.  Then he got it!  "I would stay home and play with my mommy!"  Everyone at the table simultaneously said, "Awwwwwww!"  Meanwhile, I was stunned yet was filled with warm fuzzies.  "I'm doing something right," I thought, "if his dream day is to spend it with me!"

Fast forward to last night, with us sitting around the dinner table.  LaVor and I were talking while The Lime bounced back and forth between my chair and his chair, taking bites every now and then.  I finally asked him to stay in his seat and finish eating.  While still sitting on my lap, he said, "But I want to sit with you because I love you!"  That required me to cover him with kisses, which he then replied, "You're tickling my feelings!"

I have caught myself recently just stopping and staring at him.  He's getting so big and learning so much.  While I'm proud of the great kid he is, I am so sad that he's just that...a kid.  No longer my baby.  Although he has recently been on this kick of wrapping him up in his blanket and making him a Big Burrito Baby.  Then he screams because he can't get out of it.

While I know I won't always be able to wrap him up like a burrito, I hope I'll always be his #1 choice and I'll always be able to tickle his feelings.


No comments: