Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recent Outings

Not much is happening around these here parts so I don't know why it's taking me so long to post about our recent outings. The only thing I can come up with is that September was a go go go month and I'm enjoying not having to do anything, including uploading and editing pictures.

I wanted to visit the Jelly Belly factory before my sister popped with baby #2. Our parents joined us for the quick trip at the end of September (whoa! Didn't realize it was almost a month ago).

The Lime was so stinkin' excited and still screams every time we see anything Jelly Belly.  He was especially excited when, on the tour, he saw them making aqua marine jelly beans (his favorite color).  No pictures were allowed on the tour but you can see the aqua marine jelly beans on the car in the picture.


When the tour started, we got these extremely cool hats to wear (not cool) and mine wouldn't stay on...darn bangs. The Lime just wanted to wear his cowboy hat but it was either their cool hat or a hairnet. He opted for the cool hat.


They had lots of different portraits made out of jelly beans, including Ronald Reagan. He loved jelly beans waaaaaaaay more than I do. But if I have to eat a jelly bean, I would choose a Jelly Belly. Just not the vomit or toothpaste flavors.


At the end of the tour, they passed out sample bags of jelly beans, which I stored in my purse for safe keeping. I ended up packing one of the samples in my backpack during my walk, just in case, and I am so glad I did. On the second day, just as I was in the middle of the Golden Gate, I needed something but the nearest rest stop was still at least a mile away. The pear and cherry jelly beans gave me the much needed sugar my body was yearning for.

Fast forward to the middle of October when the same sister invited us to Apple Hill with her. It was Columbus Day and her husband had the day off so they thought it would be the perfect opportunity to head to the foothills. Holy macrol, was it busy! LaVor really wants to go back with us but I'm afraid what it might look like on a Saturday.

It took The Lime and I a little longer to get there than everyone else...don't ask. We arrived to the first farm to apple cider doughnuts and fresh apple cider. The Lime and I had just munched on some hash browns but couldn't resist the cinnamon and sugar deliciousness. Everything was soooooo good and certainly put you in the mood.

We then went to Abel's Apple Acres, a more kid friendly farm that kept The Lime occupied, up until he needed a drink of water.



The little maze they had set up was the only kid attraction open, and it was unlimited, so The Lime took full advantage of it. My niece had to take a potty break after a few rounds and The Lime refused to go in without her.


After a little snack we made our way to the last farm of the day, Boa Vista Orchards. This place was nuts! They have art & craft vendors plus fresh fruit and vegetables plus anything and everything apple you can think of. My sister got a couple pies for Thanksgiving and I think some pear juice. I know, sounds delicious!

A lunch stop wrapped up our day before we headed back home.

That's that.  Now that we're all updated, I'm going to go back to doing nothing.

No comments: