The Lime has been waiting all month for Halloween. Poor thing...especially since it's the last day of a long month. We've had all of the components for his costume but they've had to stay hidden in my closet or they would have been worn daily. I'm not for letting kids wear their costumes ahead of time...totally takes away the excitement of Halloween day, in my opinion.
Anyway, when I told him we were having a party at church and he'd get to wear his costume BEFORE Halloween, he could hardly stand it. He got dressed a couple hours before we had to leave and I've got to admit, he was the cutest park ranger I had ever seen.
After we went camping this summer, and he saw what a park ranger was, he was adamant about being that for Halloween. So we gathered a pair or olive green pants from Target, a khaki shirt from the thrift store, a ranger hat from the Halloween store, and a couple extra dress up props for accessories to complete the ensemble.
 |
| The ranger checking out our site |
Our ward did a chili & corn bread dinner before the trunk or treating, as well as a few carnival games for the kids. Thank goodness my parents came and filled up two extra seats at our table. I can't quite figure out if it's 100% us or the people in our ward, but we have yet to click with anyone. The only time someone came up to talk to us was when they asked if someone was using the extra chairs. I've heard it takes two years before you feel comfortable in a ward. If that's so, this is going to be a dreadful year and a half. But that's for another blog post.
 |
| Omi, Lucifer, The Lime, & GrandPop |
I had decorated our trunk like a campsite, including a fire, sleeping bag, backpack, and dutch oven (which held the candy). The Lime thought it was pretty cool that he could fit in the trunk and even asked if he could sleep in it that night. I think I remember an episode of Rescue 911 where a kid got locked in a car trunk. I shot down his wish real quick.
 |
| Snug as a bug in a rug |
Once the trunk or treating began, we only got through about a quarter of the cars before The Lime said he was done and wanted to go back to our car. "What?!?! There is NOT enough candy for the three of us to share," I thought. He took a lengthy break and wanted to go again but unfortunately, a lot of people ran out of candy at that point, including us. He still got plenty of candy that he's been sneaking ever since.
His candy bag now resides in my closet, next to his costume, until Thursday when we'll hopefully get lots of Bottle Caps for Daddy, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for me, and Dum Dums for The Lime.
No comments:
Post a Comment