Krispy Kreme was giving away free doughnuts if you wore a costume but The Lime wanted to go to the doughnut shop where he and Daddy go. Unfortunately, they weren't passing out free doughnuts. Then I suggested we go to Jamba Juice after his nap to get him a free smoothie. Nope, he wanted to wait until it got dark to put on his costume.
Even then, when it got dark, he was in a funk and proclaimed he didn't want to go trick-or-treating and didn't want to celebrate Christmas, either. We were on a roll.
LaVor saved the day by convincing him he did want to go trick-or-treating, sans his bike, while I stuck around the house finishing up dinner before my sister and her family came over.
I was so happy she decided to celebrate with us, considering she had a baby three days prior and was running on zero sleep. The Lime and his cousin have spent three out of their four Halloweens together. I've started a collection of photos, documenting their cute costumes, that hangs in our family room.
We quickly ate dinner and then embarked on The Lime's second round of trick-or-treating. It was cute to see the two of them go up to the door and say "Trick or Treat?" all on their own. They also did an excellent job of saying "thank you" before leaving.
The Lime was mistaken for a boy scout and my niece was asked if she was Little Orphan Annie. Most people got that they were a Ranger and Merida from Brave.
Since Halloween is about dressing up as something you're not, it was only fitting that I be the camper (since I'm not one). I had to remind The Lime that he didn't need to shoot me, just the bears.
| That's supposed to be dirt on my face - bronzer + brown eye liner |
With candy coming out of our wazoo, we're ready to tackle November.
No comments:
Post a Comment