I can remember the days when my brothers left California for their new homes.
The image of Tommy and Kenny embracing, the day Kenny left, is forever engrained in my mind. The day Tommy left, I held Baby Hayley as long as I could, shooting for forever, so he wouldn't have to leave. But they both did.
 |
| Becky's picture - Valentine's Day 2011 in San Francisco |
As long as LaVor and I have known each other, I've known the Hatch family and boy, do I love them. There isn't another group of people that I feel more comfortable with, besides my family. They were the 1st people to find out we were pregnant with The Lime, after our immediate families found out. They've welcomed all 3 of us into their homes and we truly feel like we're part of them.
 |
| One of our last days together @ the zoo |
Before we left on our cruise, we had to say goodbye to another brother, John (and his wife, Becky, AKA "Baybay"). We've known John and Becky were heading back to Utah, since they moved here 3 years ago. But like with my own brothers, part of me hoped and wished for a change of heart. Didn't happen this time, either.
 |
| At Dieter's 1st birthday party. LaVor was trying to get John to eat more and John was telling him he had enough. |
It's been a week and I feel out of my element. No text messages tonight, wondering where the other couple wanted to eat dinner, no 9:00 trips to the gym for LaVor, no late night runs to Donut Wheel.
 |
| Becky's photo - At John's graduation party. |
With more of our friends and family moving to Utah and Idaho, we
might have to make a trip out there one of these days. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment