Let me start off this trip by explaining why we're taking it.
This past year, LaVor's company had something called the "Choice Awards" which allowed employees to nominate their peers, for exemplifying the company's core values.
A couple months ago, I was at work on a Friday, when LaVor called me and did his usual, "How are you doing?" He then said, "Do you want to go on a cruise in March?" I knew about the award and we were hoping LaVor would be recognized, and he was. I was so stinkin' proud of him because I see on a daily basis how hard he works and I wanted someone else to notice it. And they did.
After being proud, I was nervous. I've never had a desire to go on a cruise for numerous reasons (ships sinking, fires, mass illness, being seasick, etc.) but I also didn't want to leave The Lime. I had to put all of that aside and quickly called my mom to reserve a week so she and my dad could watch The Lime for us.
The next 2 months were filled with excitement but more anxiety (on my end), as we prepared for our trip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment