(What a dumb show but glad Nicole Richie cleaned up her act. Can't say the same for Paris.)
I was reading Parents magazine at work last week and came across an "Ask a question" type article. The just of the article was a parent wondering how they explained disabilities to their child. I looked at my co-worker, who is also LDS, and I said, "Being a member of the church makes life so much more simple!"
I had the chance to watch a documentary the BBC recently aired, based on Mormons and Mitt Romney. Everything mentioned seemed to be things we CAN'T do and how strict the religion is. It really makes me chuckle because I feel the exact opposite.
How nice and comforting it is to know that Heavenly Father has made us all unique. And that those who may be limited here on Earth will one day have their bodies restored to perfect form.
My co-worker shared a story with me of a girl she went to high school with, and the girls brother. The girl was pretty, smart, well-liked, and the brother had cerebral palsy. Her brother's disability took a huge toll on her, as she couldn't understand why she was given the life she had and he was given his. The girl ended up committing suicide as a result of it, while her brother went on to become a college professor!
So the next time someone says I'm limited in my religion, I'll tell them I may be according to the world's standards, but I've got a lot of hope and faith because of it.
*I was amazed that within 24 hours of writing this, I heard this talk in General Conference. Loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment