Sunday, November 7, 2010

ABCdEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

I'm thankful for dogs.

It's expected that in the next few weeks or even days, my family will have to put down our dog that we've had for almost 14 years. I've mentioned him before.

Indy Doo no longer looks this young and handsome. He's now an old man with a white beard, is on the verge of being completely blind and is having a hard time roaming the backyard. It's difficult to see him like that.

I'm especially grateful for the companionship, protection and love that he's provided over his lifetime. Do I dare mention that I used to sleep on the kitchen floor with him, while he was recovering from being hit by a car?

He bit people, even snapped at LaVor once. Do I also dare mention that I took the dog's side and LaVor and I got in a huge fight about it? To make a long story short, Indy had bit people in the past, I warned LaVor not to try and pet him, he tried, Indy snapped at him, LaVor got mad, I defended the dog because I had warned him, we didn't talk for a couple days, now we're married.

So thank you, Indiana, for being the best Christmas present ever. I cried when I got you and I'll cry when I have to let you go.

No comments: