Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ABCDEFGHIJKLMnOPQRSTUVWXYZ

I'm thankful for nice words.

My co-worker has thyroid issues and hasn't been feeling so hot lately. A patient was in today and asked how she was doing. "Okay," she responded. The patient then said, "Yeah, you look really tired." Hmmm...even though it wasn't, "You have horrible dark circles under your eyes, you look like a zombie and you can tell you aren't getting any beauty sleep!" it probably wasn't the nicest thing she could have said.

On the other hand, last night before going to bed, LaVor and I were discussing some things. When times get tough, he's the calm one when I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I tend to overreact...like George Banks from Father of the Bride. Anyway, LaVor poked his head out of the bathroom and said, "[We'll] make it work."

The nicest words he could have said at that moment.

No comments: