Thursday, November 11, 2010

ABCDEFGhIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

I'm grateful for heroes.

We went out to dinner last weekend and there happened to be some sort of Military get together at the restaurant.

I've made it a goal of mine to thank any man or woman I see in their uniform, for their sacrifice in serving our country.

Turns out we were seated right next to this party and I wanted to stand on my chair and shout out to everyone how blessed we were! But to save myself from embarrassment, I passed on that idea. I did, although, thank 3 of them individually for their service. One man almost brought me to tears.

My sister, her family, The Lime and I went to San Jose to celebrate Veterans Day. Every year, I wish to attend some sort of parade or celebration but have never gotten around to it. I text messaged my brother-in-law last night and asked if he knew of anything and my sister just so happened to be looking events up online. Turns out the San Francisco parade was last Sunday (what the heck?!?!) so we opted for San Jose.

I brought our little flag so The Lime could wave it proudly! He waved it for a second and chewed on it the rest of the time.


I hope all Veterans know that they're heroes. Whether they were sent abroad or served in the United States, whether it was 3 years or 30 years, service is service and I'm grateful.

No comments: