Monday, November 1, 2010

Perhaps A Piece Of Heaven

I think I've had a churro once or twice in my lifetime. And I'm not sure why that number isn't higher. How can you go wrong with fried dough, drenched in cinnamon and sugar?

For some reason, we're getting a free viewing of the Cooking Channel right now. Saturday morning, they had a show on that featured Rick Bayless and one of his restaurants, XOCO. They shared one of his Tortas that instantly got my mouth watering (the Ahogada to be exact). As if the Torta didn't look good enough, they had to feature his homemade churros and hot chocolate. Rick explained that they make their hot chocolate with ganache and we all know how I feel about ganache! If that's not heavenly, I'm not sure what is.


These two items alone, I believe, are worth a trip to Chicago. Even perhaps a layover.

2 comments:

Alex McMurray said...

Those churros and ganache look amazing. And Rick Ballas isn't too bad himself. :)

Kimberly said...

He does seem like he would be a fun person to know! 5 years is my age limit. :o)