I'm not sure what sparked it the other night, but I was getting ready to put The Lime in the bathtub and I started singing "Barbara Ann." He asked me what I was singing and I told him I'd find the whole song on the iPad and play it for him. That turned into me playing every Beach Boys song I could find. He didn't want me to stop.
It reminded me of the many nights, when we were growing up, where my dad would blast The Beach Boys and we'd dance around the living room.
![]() |
| Our old living room |
When my sister got married, she didn't go with your traditional daddy/daughter dance song. No, she picked "Barbara Ann" because nothing reminds us of our dad more. Except maybe black Mustangs.
While I had the songs blasting the other night, watching The Lime shake his little body to the beat and pretending to play the guitar, I felt like I was passing on a family tradition. They just don't make music like they used to and I love that The Lime thinks songs that are 50 years old are cool. He especially loved the beginning of "409" which is funny because it's always been one of my favorites, too.
It brings back so many happy memories when I listen to The Beach Boys and I can't wait to make more happy memories that The Lime will remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment