Friday, November 15, 2013

Grateful for...O

While I was making lunch for The Lime today, I offered him an apple, banana, grapes, or orange.  He chose the orange.  He finished his tamale and asked if he could have his treat but I told him he needed to eat his orange first.  Apparently I wasn't supposed to cut it into little pieces but leave them in slices, because he didn't want them anymore.  I cut up an apple for myself but ended up giving him some of it.  I didn't want the orange to go to waste so when I finished the apple, I ate the orange, too.

Boy, did The Lime miss out.  When we were at my grandma's house yesterday, my dad filled a bag of oranges and tangerines for me.  I love summer because of all the amazing fruit but winter brings citrus and you can't beat a good orange.  Juicy, sweet, extremely fragrant.  

And it's only the middle of November.  I can't wait to indulge in the oranges in a month or so.

Our loot

No comments: