Friday, November 8, 2013

Grateful for...H

The last time I had my teeth cleaned was right before we moved.  That means it's been 7 months that we've been here.  Jeepers!

While I do my best to keep my teeth clean (LaVor might say I do too much), I can always tell when I'm due for a cleaning.  Especially my darn wire that keeps my lower anteriors nice and straight.

Unlike when I was a kid, I actually enjoy getting my teeth cleaned.  I think that's mostly because I love my hygienist.  I had a good hygienist growing up, even though when she flossed it felt like my teeth were going to fall out of my head, but the one I've been seeing for almost 8 years is the best.  She's kind, gentle, personable, thorough, knowledgable, outgoing, and did I mention kind?  I always leave the appointment running my tongue across my teeth and thinking, "Ahhhhhhh!  Bliss!" and I'm never in pain (mainly because I floss).

It also doesn't hurt that my hygienist is my friend, and one of my former co-workers that I was SO sad to leave.  I've met very few people that have as big of heart as she does.  She really is one of a kind

I called our insurance today to verify the frequency for cleanings and they confirmed it was four per calendar year.  While our oral hygiene is in check and we don't need such frequent visits, I wouldn't mind seeing my hygienist every three months.  She's just that good.


No comments: