Monday, November 25, 2013

Grateful for...Y

Yesterday was a good day.  My brother spent the night Saturday night so he was with us all day, which The Lime absolutely loved.  Another guy to "muscle" with?  Yes!  He was in heaven.

My other brother and his family, my sister and her family, and our parents also came over yesterday for dinner.  We had seven kiddos running around and I found out my six year old nephew and The Lime are twins at heart.  They both got dressed up and were ready to battle the bad guys.  My niece drew me a darling picture that now hangs on our refrigerator.  The guys spent some time in the garage, huddled around my dad's Mustang while the ladies were warm and toasty inside.  I went out to check on them and my heart was warmed.  I really wish we all lived closer.

But the highlight of yesterday was when my brother-in-law blessed my newest niece in our family room.  It's not that they chose to do it at our home, we just happened to have dinner here but the fact that they didn't object to doing it in our home gave me the warm fuzzies.  It was nice to have a more personal, intimate setting and we were able to include my sister and her family via Skype.  I think this is only the second baby blessing, out of sixteen, that everyone was able to participate.

Yesterday was right up there with Christmas...I just didn't want it to end.

No comments: