Prior to getting married, I remember driving out to LaVor's house with him one night, after getting into an argument with my dad. I can't remember what it was about but I do remember being really upset. As we drove along the freeway, listening to Coldplay's X&Y album, "Fix You" came on and I thought about the story behind the song.
Knowing that it was written for Gwyneth after her father passed away, and I was listening to it after an argument with my dad, made me bawl like a baby. I still cry whenever I hear it. In fact, it might be my favorite song on X&Y.
And that says a lot because I really love every song on that album. And hearing them live was even better.
When LaVor and I broke up, "The Scientist" came out on A Rush of Blood to the Head. I loved the song but it reminded me of such a sad time. We don't have a "song" but I can't help but think of our outcome when I listen to "Kingdom Come" on X&Y.
This album is one of those that you can listen to and not have to skip through any tracks. It has definitely become one of my favorites.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment