Last Saturday morning I heard The Lime, through the monitor, climbing out of his bed, heard his door open, heard our door open, and looked up to see him standing at the foot of our bed with his blanket and Lucifer. He hopped right into our bed and snuggled in between LaVor and I.
Snuggles don't happen very often with an almost 4 year old but when they do, LaVor and I eat them up.
Like today, when I got up from the couch and The Lime sat down in my seat. When I came back, I sat down and hardly squished him, all while pretending I didn't see him sitting there. He thought it was hilarious and asked me to do it again and again. When I was done, I sat down next to him and he snuggled right up to me. It didn't last long but I enjoyed every second of it.
A couple weeks ago, The Lime would ask to snuggle with us before bedtime. I think it might have been a stall tactic (smart kid) and we fell right into his trap. He would gather a few blankets from his bedroom, bring them to the couch, and we'd squish together as close as we could.
Being "warm and snuggly" is one of my favorite feelings, especially when it involves my little dude.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment