Friday, November 22, 2013

Grateful for...V

It was February 2008 that I last saw my brother and his family. Since then, he's added two more kids to his family and The Lime joined ours. Today was the first day of their vacation up in our neck of the woods and we got to visit with them at dinner.

I love visitors, and especially love when we're so excited to see each other. My nieces and nephews couldn't be any cuter and The Lime took an instant liking to them. My brother and I shared a long embrace when we first saw each other. He's not just a visitor but will always be my big brother.

Speaking of siblings, I was on the phone with my sister this morning when The Lime said he wanted to play with his cousin. Amy graciously welcomed us in her home for most of the day, as we snuggled her newborn baby and the two kiddos played everything under the sun. Then her hubby came home from work and we chatted over dinner. Sometimes it's nice to be the visitor, too.

We'll have an extra special visitor tomorrow and I can hardly wait!!

We have a sign in our house that says, "We love having you here!" and it's so true. I'm grateful for the times we can open our home to visitors, whether it's for a quick visit or a weekend vacation.


No comments: