Monday, November 11, 2013

Grateful for...K

I've noticed a pattern with my grateful posts...they include a lot of memories.  Unfortunately, this one falls into the same category.

When my parents moved from our house, I had taken a video on one of our last days there but I haven't been able to find it since then.  I got out our small camera the other day and there it was, on the camera and not on the two memory cards.  I was so excited!

This video means nothing to anyone else but I love it.  I love it because it's in our kitchen, where so many other memories took place.  We had thousands of meals in this room, numerous discussions, millions of fights, lots of hugs and kisses, a few broken ribs, lots of rollerskating (when it was raining outside), it's where Indy slept when he was recovering from his numerous accidents, where friends waited for us to finish getting ready, it's the light that we always left on if we were going to come back home after dark.


I think it's a worldwide thing that kitchens are where families and friends tend to congregate the most.  And I can totally understand why.  Who doesn't want to be where the food is?

But even if there's not always food, I hope our family is as fond of and grateful for our kitchen as I was for mine.


No comments: