Saturday, November 11, 2017

Expressing Gratitude - Day 11

Last night, we went to In N Out for dinner and I asked if they had any hot chocolate. The manager said they had the machine but it wouldn't be ready to produce for a few more weeks. So The Lime asked if we could stop by the store and get some. It was getting late by the time we finished dinner and we promised him we'd have some in the morning. Except, the packets we had require milk and we didn't have any. Whoops!

So on my way home from work this morning, I swung by Safeway, grabbed a half gallon of milk and a package of powdered doughnuts, and set the cocoa and doughnuts on the counter before heading back to bed.

I woke up at about 8:45 to giggles and squeals of two little boys so excited for their hot chocolate and doughnuts.

How stinkin' lucky am I to experience pure joy through my kids' eyes over something so small? It took me maybe 10 minutes to drive to the store, grab the items, and come home but it made them so happy.

I'm so grateful for the lessons they teach me; that it's really the simple things in life that can bring us the most happiness.

No comments: