Friday, November 3, 2017

Expressing Gratitude - Day 3

The Lime turns 8 in less than three months and isn't exactly thrilled to be baptized. We aren't sure of his reasoning so we jumped at the chance to attend our friend's baptism so he could see how awesome it is.

As I sat in my seat, listening to the boy's older sister give the talk on the Holy Ghost, this scripture came to my mind:

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

What 11 year old girl can stand with such confidence and bare her testimony in front of a room full of adults? And what 8 year old boy can answer questions with confidence and recite Articles of Faith like the back of his hand?

Believers.

I'm thankful for examples of people who hold on tight to their faith, to the knowledge they know to be true, and who aren't afraid to share it.

I know I felt the Spirit on Saturday and I hope The Lime did, too.


No comments: