Saturday, November 4, 2017

Expressing Gratitude - Day 4

I can't remember what initiated his interest but The Lime asked me who his great great grandfathers were yesterday. I happened to have my laptop close by so I opened up Family Search and I was able to not only show him names and birthdates of these men but pictures as well.

Great Great Grandpa Steenblik

Great Great Grandpa Phelps

Great Great Grandpa Neuenswander

Great Great Grandpa Evans

Great Great Grandpa Warmuth

Great Great Grandpa Siemsen

Great Great Grandpa Trimble

After I took my Christmas decorations down at the beginning of this year, I decided to redo a wall that I'd been feeling not so hot about. A couple of years ago, when I was making Primary visits with the president, we visited a home that had a wall dedicated to just old family photos. I thought it was awesome and wanted to do something similar in our home. I feel strongly about our boys knowing where they came from and recognizing the people who are rooting for them on the other side. So after Christmas, I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to display our family photos.


What an amazing time we live in that we have easy access to valuable information, including priceless photos! When else have people had the opportunity to view century old documents with a click of a button?

I love walking by this wall and seeing the faces of those who worked hard, pushed through trials, immigrated to an unknown land, and built a legacy that I hope my family can continue.

No comments: