We got to talking about Thanksgiving and the craziness it brings when it comes to newspapers. Like, each paper weighs about 5 lbs. Say a prayer for me Thursday morning.
I asked him what his plans were and he said he didn't have any. "Any kids that'll come over?" "Nope," he said. "Any siblings close by?" I asked. "I have a nephew in Huntington Beach and my mom is down there. But nobody up here."
My heart sank.
Nobody should be alone on Thanksgiving.
I regretfully told him we were headed out of town, otherwise I'd be more than happy to have him join our family. He appreciated my offer and said he'd be fine.
Man, it made me grateful that we always have a place to go. We have plenty of family around that are more than willing to celebrate with us. And even if they weren't, we have friends that could substitute. And if that didn't work out, we have each other. It's something that I might have taken for granted in the past but I will now treasure the moments we get to be with our family. Especially this year, with LaVor's parents joining us.
![]() |
| Thanksgiving 1993 |
| Thanksgiving 2013 |
| Thanksgiving 2012 |

No comments:
Post a Comment