Thursday, November 23, 2017

Expressing Gratitude - Day 23

When we pulled up to LaVor's grandparents' tonight, there was an unfamiliar couple also getting out of their car. They made it into the home before we did, and Doodlebug had just woken up from his nap and was less than desirable, so I didn't get a chance to speak with them off the bat.

It wasn't until dinner was all done that Grams introduced me to her brother and his wife.

I've known LaVor for 18 years, dated him for 4 of those 18 years, and have been married for 11 of those years, and I never recall even knowing Grams had a brother!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving this was to be able to see them together and finally meet Lane and his wife, Elaine. I snagged Grams and Lane before Lane headed off so I could snap a few pictures of them together. Family relationships are so important and I wanted to document this night for posterity.


My boys were making silly faces.  I love Elaine's expression!

I'm also grateful Elaine was shocked when I told her I'd been married for almost 12 years and had two kids. She thought I was only 18 :)

No comments: