Today was my friend's birthday so after we dropped The Lime off at school, Doodlebug and I ran to the store to get her some balloons and a treat. We were going to quickly drop them off so I left my bag (with my keys in it) in the car.
Before we knew it, she invited us in and we chatted for a bit. We eventually ended up back outside and chatted a bit more while Doodlebug opened and closed the car doors.
Honk! Honk!
That's the noise the car makes if you close the door with the keys inside of it.
My friend gasped and I said, "No! It's okay! The doors won't lock with the keys inside."
A few minutes later, we finished our conversation, said our goodbyes, and Doodlebug and I headed to the car. I took one look inside and realized the doors were most definitely locked. And inside the car were my keys and phone.
I turned around, held my head in my hands, and told my friend I needed her phone to Google LaVor's work because his regular cell phone is kaput and I didn't know his work phone number.
He answered his phone, I laughed to lighten things up, told him we goofed, and he said he'd come rescue us.
So Doodlebug and I went back inside my friend's house where he played and she and I chatted for another hour. She graciously made Doodlebug a PB&J and he tortured (in the sweetest way possible) her two dogs.
I was relieved and thankful LaVor could come so quickly to open the doors, grateful my friend didn't care that we ruined 2 hours of her birthday, appreciated Doodlebug being a good sport just hanging out even though he was the stinker that locked the doors (and waited to poop until we literally walked through the door of our house), and learned if I take anything with me in the future it has to be my keys.
Monday, November 13, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment