I logged into Facebook this morning and saw a post from Cost Plus World Market. They have a contest going on and were announcing clues for where you could find five golden llamas in their stores (near something round was the clue).
Golden llamas?!
An associate told me they might be transitioning from their elephant mascot to a llama but that's just a rumor.
I looked up when my local store would open (10:00) and made plans to be there right on time to ensure my odds of finding one of these golden llamas. Sure enough, we arrive at 10:02.
As soon as we walked in, the same associate notified me of their contest. "I saw it on Facebook this morning!" I squealed.
I casually tried to walk around the store, promising Doodlebug we'd look at the toys as soon as we found a llama. We headed to the baking section to look for something round. Nothing in the cake pans or plates, nothing in the cookie section, and nothing near the earrings. I thought there might be something round in the bath section but we were left llamaless.
That's when I turned the corner and saw this...
Something round!
And there it was...a golden llama hanging out underneath it. I might have felt like Charlie Bucket on Willy Wonka.
Doodlebug and I took the llama to the counter, exchanged it for a $50 gift certificate, and browsed the store for the next hour trying to find goodies we could bring home with us.
I'm grateful for simple things that make me happy; new dish towels, new ramekins, cupcake liners, a new pair of earrings, orange raffia, cookies, and a sign about pies.
I'm also grateful for anticipation, excitement, and being able to share that with others. I had a friend call me and say she was going first thing in the morning to try and find a golden llama. I can't wait to hear if she found one or not!
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment