Monday, November 20, 2017

Expressing Gratitude - Day 20

I love cereal for breakfast, as much as it bothers my husband. He's more of a hearty breakfast type of guy.

I hadn't had cereal for a while so I grabbed what we had (Halloween cereal to be exact...don't judge) and started chowin' down. Because the cereal was almost a month old, you can imagine how stale it was. I took another bite and CRUNCH...I chewed on something extremely crunchy. I didn't think it was the cereal so I found a piece with my tongue and grabbed it before I swallowed it.

"Is this part of my tooth?!" I thought.

I put my tongue to use and began exploring for a broken tooth. Thank goodness, I didn't find anything.

But I did find that the bonding to my lower lingual wire chipped off.

Because posting a photo of my actual mouth would have been awkward

I finished getting ready and called the dentist (which we had just been to a week prior! So grateful for that!) and they were able to get me in at 1:00.

It wasn't a huge procedure but I could already start to feel my teeth move. So I was especially thankful they were able to see me right away and the doctor was so nice!

What I wasn't thankful for was that my boys were fist fighting in the operatory while they were working on me. "Um, Mom..." the dentist said. UGH! Thankfully, he followed it up with, "Don't worry, I have two young boys of my own."

We were done in no time and my teeth are squared away.

No comments: