Sunday, November 4, 2012

Giving Thanks...D

When people ask us where we got The Lime's name, we tell them he wasn't named after this man but it certainly inspired us.


It probably isn't the most reverent or respectful thing to do but in our house, we refer to him as Big Dieter. And he holds a special place in our heart.

When The Lime was born, we sent him a birth announcement. We thought nothing of it but about six weeks later, we received a handwritten letter from President Uchtdorf. In it, he wrote, "He looks like a healthy and happy child, and I am honored to share his name". I cry each time I read it. I hope The Lime will value it, as he gets older, as much as I do and have.

Not only do we admire his love and compassion but his ability to tell it like it is without coming across as condescending. Whenever LaVor comes home from the Priesthood session of conference, he always says he thoroughly enjoyed Big Dieter's talk. I get goosebumps when he says, "My dear brothers and sisters". Maybe it's the accent or maybe I just really feel like we are spiritually connected.

Whatever it is, we sure love Big Dieter and appreciate the impact he has had on our little family.

No comments: