LaVor doesn't really like it but I'm a cold cereal kind of girl. He always asks if I want to go out for breakfast but I much prefer to stay home and eat my Chex or Cheerios.
So you can imagine how bummed I was when I went to pour my milk this morning, only to find that we were out. Ugh!
I was rushed for time so making eggs was out of the question. Then I remembered my homemade frozen waffles and popped two in the toaster. They get extra crispy, which I love, but soften up a bit with the help of the syrup, so I don't crack a tooth. And the combination of the salted butter plus the sweet maple is something I just recently converted to. Why did I pass up the butter all those years?!
When we have waffles for dinner, I usually make extra and freeze them so I have an impromptu breakfast for times like this.
The waffles saved the day, or at least me from being late for my Black Friday shopping.
Friday, November 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment