Monday, November 5, 2012

Giving Thanks...E

I've heard it my entire life..."Be prepared. Have a 72-hour kit. Have a years worth of supplies. Have at least six months of living expenses saved."

I will be the first to admit that we have a little emergency stash of goods but nothing like we should have. So when the storms hit the East coast last week, I got to thinking that we really need to get our rears in gear.


I have a friend who is a consultant for Shelf Reliance. If you've ever watched BYUtv, then you've probably seen their commercials. I called Shauna up and told her I wanted to start building up our food storage and such. She directed me to the Shelf Reliance website, where I got a great deal on the Expedition Basic pre-assembled kit. I added up the cost of each item if I bought it in a store and the total came to roughly $195.00. The website is offering it for $137.99! I was so excited with my purchase that I decided to host a Shelf Reliance get together, to further my emergency kit as well as helping others with theirs.

So keep Tuesday, December 4 at 6:30 open. E-mail me at popiespastries (at) yahoo (dot) com for details.

No comments: