Monday, November 12, 2012

Giving Thanks...L

Around this time last year, The Lime and I started attending Storytime at the mall. The girl who ran it was quirky and had a distinctive voice, which made listening to the stories interesting, at least for me. The Lime was more concerned about all the toys that surrounded him (it was at Pottery Barn Kids). A few months later, the girl announced that she was moving to Oregon and that would be her last week. That was also the last time we attended.

Many months went by and I somehow remembered that we had Storytime at our library. The first week we visited, I'm not sure what I was thinking, but we were shooting for the 11:00 class. We got there about five minutes early and I didn't notice all of the parents of the older kids, waiting outside of the room. We marched right in sat down right in front, joining in on the Hokey Pokey. When the song was over, the woman leading the class said goodbye to all of the parents and infants and all of the toddlers that I had just zoomed by were now walking in with their parents. We're Storytime crashers.

That was the last time we stayed for the entire class. The Lime now likes to run around, clicking all of the computers and occasionally looks at a book. His favorite thing is to return the books on the conveyor belt and check-out the new books with the scanner (so my child).

Why I didn't take advantage of this free entertainment before, is beyond me. Thank you, library. And thank you for the cement balls out front. The Lime loves to climb on them and then jump off, just like the ones at Target.

No comments: