Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving Thanks...Y

Four years ago, I was asked to bring the rolls to Thanksgiving dinner.

While at culinary school, we would tape our recipes on the wall so they were out of the way and at eye level (easy to read). I decided to start doing that with my recipes that weren't in cookbooks.

When I volunteered to bring the rolls again this year, I realized I had the recipe STILL taped to my cabinet, four years later. Yikes!

But I must tell you why...this is the best yeast roll recipe I have ever made. I use it for dinner rolls as well as cinnamon rolls, and can't seem to justify filing it away.

When I was in my breads class, the instructor warned us about the constant use of yeast and how we'd be at a higher risk of yeast infections. Blech...freaked me out a bit.

But how I grew to love yeast. Where would I be without yeast? I'll tell you. I would be a deprived person that couldn't enjoy bread, pizza, croissants, bagels, pretzels, and doughnuts, just to name a few.

I love my carbs, can you tell? And I love yeast, at least when it comes to food.

The original date and time of when said recipe was printed

No comments: