There is a little boy in Primary who, whenever he says the prayer, asks that everyone be united. You can tell it's something that his family says in their prayers and it's the cutest thing.
I'm sorry to do this, as I hated hearing about the election while it was taking place, and I certainly hate hearing about it now. But I need to mention it.
My parents have always been public with their choice for President. Every election year, we had a sign in our yard, showing everyone who they supported. In the election four years ago, their home was egged because of the signs they had. This year, after the winner was announced, someone put a spray painted sign on their garage door with an expletive + the name of one of the candidates. Then today, while driving in my mom's car, a passing vehicle pointed and laughed at their bumper sticker, while shaking their head profusely as they drove by.
I'm disappointed in the actions of the people mentioned above. I'm disappointed in the people that want to move to another country after the results of this election (because it really might be better somewhere else?). I'm disappointed in the people who want to break away from the United States and form their own country.
What I am thankful for is the example of a six year old, who asks Heavenly Father to bless us to be united with our brothers and sisters, no matter what they look like or what they believe.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment