Thursday, November 6, 2014

abcdeFghijklmnopqrstuvqxys

F = Free & Clear

Early on in our marriage, I learned that I couldn't use scented clothes washing detergent, or scented dryer sheets, or else LaVor would break out in a horrible rash.  And while I wish our clothes had some sort of yummy scent to them, I'd much rather have him not be itchy.

I needed some new liquid dish soap a few weeks ago so I picked some up at Target.  Being the cheapskate that I am, I grabbed the least expensive one.  I had never tried it before but the price was right.

A few days later, I needed to pump and give Doodlebug a bottle.  The nipple was dirty so I washed it with our new soap.  I handed the bottle off to LaVor and after several failed attempts of trying to get Doodlebug to drink, he gave him back to me.  I, too, couldn't get him to drink.  I was getting whiffs of the soap and thought it was on my hands but discovered it was the nipple.  So I tasted the nipple and the darn thing tasted like soap!  I took the bottle apart and rinsed the nipple really well.  I put it back together and tried giving it to Doodlebug again but still, he wanted nothing to do with it.  I tasted the nipple again and it still had the soap scent on it.  I opened the bottle up, sniffed the milk, and it smelled like the soap.  

Very angrily, I dumped the wasted, precious, hard earned milk down the drain.  I threw the bottle in the sink and washed it in my dishwasher with the next load.  When the load was complete, I pulled it out and gave it another whiff.  Sure enough, the nipple still smelled like the soap.

We went to Target on Thursday and I purchased some Free & Clear soap.  I'm grateful for such products, so I can feed my baby without him having the awful taste of soap in his mouth (mine lasted the rest of the night...blah!) and so my husband can wear clothes without scratching to death.


No comments: