Wednesday, November 26, 2014

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyZ

Z = Zeek Braverman

I have a love/hate relationship with Thursdays.  It means Parenthood is on but it also means we're one episode closer to the series finale.

I was telling me mom the other day that I feel so foolish being so upset that a television show is ending but I really feel like I know these people, and that they're real!

Like Zeek Braverman, the dad in the show.  He reminds both LaVor and me SO much of our friends' dad.  The wisecracks, the facial expressions, what he gets upset about, what he laughs at, how he deals with things.  He has me laughing, and crying, in every episode.

At the beginning of this season, Zeek had a heart attack and required surgery.  He's been doing well since the surgery but on last week's episode, he woke up in the middle of the night, barely able to whisper his wife's name.  The last scene of the night was her calling 911.  Talk about emotional!

This is so silly, but I really felt like I was watching a loved one suffer.  So I tried covering my face from LaVor as tears fell from my eyes.  It's so stupid and I don't know why I let fictional characters get to me, but I've grown to love and appreciate Zeek and the rest of the Bravermans.

Now I have to wait until January 8 to find out what happens next.  Eeeeekkkk!


No comments: