People inquire all the time if I'm German. As a matter of fact, I am!
I'm grateful for good German stalk (pretend I just said that in a deep, German sounding accent).
I'm grateful for my grandfather's grandparents who immigrated from Germany to Illinois.
I'm grateful for my grandmother's parents who immigrated from Germany to New York.
I'm grateful my parents met in Germany, despite living two hours from each other in California.
I'm grateful I was able to go to Germany and see their first apartment as a married couple.
I'm grateful for the German language and the opportunity I had to learn it in high school.
I'm grateful for delicious German food.
I'm grateful for German traditions that I did as a kid and I get to pass on to my kids.
I'm grateful for the kind German people who helped us find our way when we were clearly lost in Berlin and Mainz.
I'm grateful for German clothing like darling lederhosen and pretty dirndls.
I'm grateful for the way Germans write their 7s and that none of my teachers tried to correct me when I started writing them that way.
But I'm especially grateful for two sweet boys that have the cutest, most perfect German names, for their perfect little personalities.
| My parents' first apartment |
No comments:
Post a Comment