Saturday, November 1, 2014

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

(I look forward to November every year, just so I can do my annual grateful posts!)

A = Apples

When I decided to throw my friend a baby shower in September, I looked up a bunch of theme ideas online.  Since the baby was due in October, I wanted a fall theme but wanted to steer away from pumpkins.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found a bunch of really cute apple ideas and for some reason, red reminds me of Katie (I think it's because of the red Mary Engelbreit t-shirt I gave her for her birthday one year) so I ran with it.

I bought a bunch of apples and put them out to display.  The Granny Smith were especially darling (lime green!) and it made me want to get a bunch of fake ones to be part of my every day decor.





But they aren't just cute, they're delicious!  There's just something about a cold, crisp apple.  It's even better dipped in caramel.  Or warm and soft like applesauce.  Or slightly soft but still has a bite like apple pie.  Or deep fried like an apple fritter.  Or sweet and thick like apple cider from Apple Hill.

I'm crossing my fingers we have a properly working vehicle before Apple Hill closes for the season so I can get my hands on all those yummy treats!

No comments: