I = Innie
Don't worry, this is not a far stretch. I really am thankful for innie belly buttons.
Growing up, there was an array of belly buttons in my family. My sisters had legit innies, mine was in the middle of and innie and an outie. Then I had babies and it all went downhill from there. Having my belly button pop out was one of the worst things about being pregnant, for me. It made me extremely self conscious and I went as far as taping it down, which just irritated my stretched out skin.
When The Lime's umbilical cord fell off, he had a nice, cute belly button.
Doodlebug wasn't so lucky. I think his cord fell off prematurely. It was gross, stunk like you wouldn't believe, bled, oozed, but wasn't infected. And...it appeared to be an ugly outie.
I'm a horrible mother for even worrying about such a petty thing but I was REALLY afraid he was going to have a protruding outie. I had horrible flashbacks of the girl I remember seeing at Kennedy Park who had the worst outie I had ever seen. It was as if she had a small finger coming out of her stomach. Eeeekkkk!
But, thankfully, Doodlebug's outie transformed into an innie with just a little outie, similar to mine.
I'm thankful I can give Doodlebug raspberries on his cute tummy and not get the heebie jeebies from his belly button.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment