Kindergarten
It's been three months (what?!?!) since The Lime started kindergarten and holy macrol! That kid has progressed so much.
We had parent/teacher conferences a couple of weeks ago and his teacher showed me a paper that she'll keep for the remainder of the year. Each month, she has the kids right the same thing and each month, The Lime has improved from the previous one.
He's thriving in math and is right where he needs to be for language arts. His mind is always thinking and he oftentimes asks us what letter ____ makes, or what word is ______. He'll ask me how old Doodlebug will be when he's 9. I tell him Doodlebug is 4 years younger, so take 4 away from 9 and he'll be _____. He's great at figuring things out in his head.
Prior to starting kindergarten, he would sit for maybe five minutes and paint, or color, or draw. Now, he asks nearly everyday if he can make something. He's drawn pictures for his teacher, baseball coach, and his friends. He likes to write down the names of all the kids in his class and then give them a personalized popsicle stick.
He recognizes kids wherever we go. "That boy is in Mrs. ______'s class!" "I've seen her at recess!"
I was so sad and nervous and apprehensive for The Lime to start kindergarten (mainly because I wasn't ready) but, as I knew deep down, it has turned into a wonderful experience for him. I'm so grateful for all that he's learning, for the friendships he's cultivating, for the memories he's making, and for the big kid he's becoming.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment