Zuppa Tuscana
Two years ago next month, LaVor's cousin got married and had a winter-themed reception. We enjoyed a hot chocolate bar as well as different soups, salads, and rolls. One of the soups they offered was Zuppa Tuscana, which I guess is from Olive Garden.
I hate sausage. I pick it off of pizza, avoid ordering it for breakfast, steer clear of it when LaVor orders an egg McMuffin. The stuff grosses me out. So I don't know how I managed to finish LaVor's bowl of Zuppa Tuscana at the wedding reception before he even had a chance to sit down.
This stuff is AMAZING!
It was cold and rainy a few Sundays ago so I made Zuppa Tuscana. We didn't have any bacon, or garlic, but I managed to eat about 2/3 of the pot myself over 3 days. While I was making it, The Lime kept making gross noises and begging me to make him something else. When he sat down and tasted it, he, too, was won over by this delicious soup. The combination of the kale, potato, onion, sausage, cream, and broth are perfect.
I'm grateful LaVor shared that bowl of Zuppa Tuscana with me two years ago. I'm grateful I can get past my disgust of sausage for this stuff. And I'm grateful The Lime is mature enough to try new things and enjoy spectacular food.
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment