Doodlebug thinks it's cute to wake up when the sun comes up. Every morning, as soon as sunlight barely shines through his window, he starts crying. I wasn't too thrilled yesterday when I had my alarm set for 6:15 and he started crying just after 5:00. I was afraid that if I got up to feed him that he'd think it was time to start the day. So I let him cry off and on until 6:15 when I went to retrieve him from his room. Shortly after, The Lime comes walking out of his room. LaVor wasn't even up yet and he was the only one who had to get up and be productive for the day.
It was a long day, but we got a lot of stuff done. I made a batch of rolls, in the morning, to take to some friends. The Lime was begging me to spare one but I didn't have enough. So I made another batch of dough before dinner. We went out to eat, made a detour to Target on the way back, and arrived home to a KitchenAid mixer filled to the brim with yeasty dough. I threw it in the fridge while we got the boys ready for bed. Doodlebug decided to nurse for what seemed like forever and I didn't get a chance to get back to the dough until after 10:00. "You're going to bake those tonight?" LaVor asked. I told him the dough was out of control and I was afraid what would happen if I left it overnight. Around 11:30, I took the final pan out of the oven and regretted making such delicious smelling food right before bedtime. I could hardly resist tasting one!
I heard my alarm go off this morning (at 6:15) and was so thrilled that I didn't also hear the cries of a Doodlebug in the background. I showered and did my hair before Doodlebug woke up at 6:50. Before I went to get him, I shut The Lime's door and he slept until 7:45.
I'm grateful the boys didn't pull a repeat of yesterday and decided to wake up at a decent time today. With The Lime being off of school, I want to use my time wisely so I can spend as much of it with him. Getting ready before the boys wake up helps me do that. But when they wake up prematurely, it throws things off.
I also ended up being grateful for baking the rolls last night so we could dig right into them for breakfast this morning. I think the final count was two per person.
![]() |
| A happy boy who got enough sleep and enjoyed his roll with raspberry jam |

No comments:
Post a Comment