Newt & Barbara
I woke up this morning, bright and early, to get ready before everyone else so we could head down to Livermore for a baby shower. I noticed Doodlebug was sleeping longer than normal but figured it was because he had a busy day prior.
A little before 8:00, I heard his normal "I'm awake! Come get me!" crying. When I opened the door, he was standing in his crib, hair matted down with vomit, and poop leaking out of his diaper. "We've got throw up!" I shouted to LaVor. I took Doodlebug into the bathroom to clean him up and LaVor stripped his bed.
With 3/4 of us congested with colds and Doodlebug having it come out of both ends, we decided to forego the trip and stay home. Unfortunately, I was one of the hosts for the shower so I needed to get my stuff to Livermore somehow.
Only a few minutes later, LaVor was on the phone with his grandparents, asking if we could drop the stuff off at their home and they take it the rest of the way. "Sure!" they said.
I'm not surprised they were so willing to help us out. They have always been so concerned about the well-being and happiness of their children and grandchildren (and great grandchildren) that they would literally bend over backwards for anyone.
Newt and Barbara (or Papa and Grams) are a light in our lives. I am so thankful to be part of their family and to be able to witness their many acts of service. They are prime examples of being a follower of Christ and I can only hope that one day I can be as nurturing, caring, loving, and giving as they are.
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment