Quilts
I'd say 75% of the blankets in our house were made by my mom. The Lime has the most, Doodlebug coming in second, and I'm third.
I wanted to snuggle up on the couch the other night so I grabbed my t-shirt quilt she made me a couple years ago for Christmas. This quilt is by far one of my favorite things. All of the t-shirts are going the same direction so I never have to wonder if the feet end of the blanket is up by my head and vice versa. And it has a soft snuggly side that keeps me warm but the t-shirt side stays cool for the hotter months.
Now that we're heading into the Christmas season, it's even more appropriate for The Lime to use his Christmas quilt he got for Christmas when we lived in Livermore.
Last year, she gave us a quilt she'd been working on since we were newlyweds. Somehow, The Lime has claimed that one even though it was for the family.
I sure don't have the patient for quilting, let alone sewing in general, but I'm grateful my mom does and that she shares her quilting talent with us.
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment