Thursday, November 10, 2016

Gratitude: Day 10

I'm skipping the alphabet thing this year and just picking something from the day that I'm grateful for.

Since the beginning of the school year, The Lime has been practicing each week for their annual "Starstruck" performance.  Tonight was their show and I asked him this morning if he was excited.  Naturally, he said no and his excitement was at an even lower level when I picked him up from school (the performed their dance during an assembly).

"I don't want to go tonight," he said.

"Too bad," I said.

The Lime hates being in front of people.  He dreads Mother's Day, Father's Day, and the Primary Program because he doesn't like going up on the stand at church.  But I want him to know he can do hard things so I push him, even though he fights me.

Although he didn't want to do his dance tonight, he did it.  And it appeared he had fun, even though he said he didn't. 

I have no clue what he was doing with his tongue

I'm grateful for the teacher that spent months teaching these energetic first graders the dance.  I'm grateful for The Lime's school, for giving the students an opportunity to express themselves and try something new.  But I'm most grateful The Lime was able to tuck away his fears for two minutes and follow through on something he's worked hard on.

No comments: