Thursday, November 24, 2016

Gratitude: Day 24

I'm skipping the alphabet thing this year and just picking something from the day that I'm grateful for.

The original plan was to have my sister and her family over for dinner today but she called me Tuesday morning and said she caught the cold that was running through her family. LaVor and I debated on what we should do and finally called his grandparents to see if their invitation still stood. They graciously said yes so we joined them, LaVor's aunt & uncle, and cousins for Thanksgiving dinner.

We are grateful for their hospitality and generosity two years in a row. Everyone contributes to the meal (we brought cake and vegetables this year) and everything turned out amazing, once again.


Since our sunlight was limited Tuesday night for family pictures, I wanted to take some today. The area surrounding LaVor's aunt's house is spectacular and the lighting was perfect. There are no words to express how grateful I am these two are mine.


And lastly, I'm grateful for a husband who is much braver than I am and asks the front desk if there's a bigger hotel room available. Two queen beds for four people is way more comfortable than one bed.

No comments: