I'm skipping the alphabet thing this year and just picking something from the day that I'm grateful for.
In a world of perfect families, houses, cars, hairstyles, clothes, bodies, children, etc., I find nothing more refreshing than seeing the real side of someone.
I had to drop off a binder to a teacher a few months back and she opened the door, only to hide behind it and say that she was ugly. I replied with, "No! You're real!" I expressed to her how happy I was that she opened the door, even though she hadn't done her hair, put on make-up, or even got dressed for the day.
A friend of mine told me how she suffers from extreme depression. She's probably the most upbeat, positive person I know but she confirmed that it's only because of the medication she's on and just last week, she was having a hard time getting out of bed to face the day.
I find comfort in seeing other kids act out and parents disciplining them (and using the exact words LaVor and I do) because it makes me realize my kids are normal and so am I.
I appreciate seeing other moms whip out the Halloween candy as a means to control their unruly toddler.
Life is hard enough without comparing ourselves to others and trying to obtain an unrealistic perfection. I'm grateful for people who keep it real and don't care who's watching.
Friday, November 4, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment