Sunday, November 27, 2016

Gratitude: Day 27

I'm skipping the alphabet thing this year and just picking something from the day that I'm grateful for.


Today is this pretty lady's birthday. She would have been 91.

I find myself quoting her often and it always brings a smile to my face. She was such a character and I hope she's keeping everyone on their toes in Heaven, cause she sure as heck did a great job down here.

Doodlebug and I got to visit her grave (twice in a month!) and place some purple flowers on her headstone. She loved purple but not so much flowers. I remember her telling me they were a waste of money because they died within a week.


She was one of a kind and I'm grateful I was chosen to be one of her granddaughters. My dad will have the opportunity this week to be sealed to her and my grandpa, which has been 27 years in the making.

Even though she's gone from this life, I know I will have another chance to see her again. I'm thankful for the peace and comfort that eternal families bring.

No comments: