I'm skipping the alphabet thing this year and just picking something from the day that I'm grateful for.
Whew! What a night! I'm glad I'm on this end of it because what a doozy.
Being called as the First Counselor in the YW presidency was not something I was gung ho about. I hated being a teenager and am relieved often that I don't have to live through that horrid stage of my life ever again. But now that I'm over the Mia Maids, I sort of do have to re-live it.
14-15 is a hard age. Throw in being a girl and it's even harder. We're dealing with some issues in our class and I'm at a loss on how to deal with it. I threw around some ideas for our activity tonight and at the last minute, the plans changed and I had to come up with something new. That left me feeling extremely overwhelmed, frustrated, and defeated, and I left the house in tears.
On my way to the church, I asked Heavenly Father to lead the meeting because I didn't know what to do or even how to do it. I asked for peace and comfort, not only for me but for everyone.
I remembered an activity we did when I was in YW (it was combined with the YM), where we each had a little booklet and we passed it around for people to write positive things about us in it. Since there's been some contention in our class, I thought this might be a good activity to alleviate some of it but also help the girls to realize the gifts and positive qualities they have (I was able to turn it into a Personal Progress activity). We each had 30 seconds to write in each others' books and I bore testimony at the end of how wonderful it is that although we're different, we all have so much to offer.
I waited to read my book until Friday afternoon. And boy, were those prayers answered!
I hope the girls left the activity as uplifted as I did!
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment