Sunday, November 6, 2016

Gratitude: Day 6

I'm skipping the alphabet thing this year and just picking something from the day that I'm grateful for.


Last Sunday night, the youth attended a fireside with the theme "A Night by the Sea of Galilee". The bishop played a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland to music and pictures of the Savior. At the end of it, he invited people to share what they were feeling and their testimony of Christ. I, being the crybaby that I am, couldn't hold back and had to share first.

Part of me being so emotional was because of the immense love I have for Elder Holland. I can remember him attending a Stake Conference when I was younger, feeling so special because he was "home". He mentioned Brother Supinger by name and called him a great friend, and spoke fondly of his time as an Institute teacher. He later came back for a Regional Conference and I remember those same feelings coming back.

I hate to admit it, but aside from President Uchtdorf, I always anxiously look forward to Elder Holland speaking at General Conference. He conveys his message with such power and love. It's as if he is speaking directly to you and nobody else is around.

I felt that same way as I watched the Teaching in the Savior's Way broadcast today. Elder Holland knew exactly what I needed to hear and I felt the love of Jesus Christ exude from the words that were said. He is truly a vessel of the Lord.

Some of my other favorite talks of his that have left a huge impact on me are:

Like a Broken Vessel

"Lord, I Believe" 

The First Great Commandment

"An High Priest of Good Things to Come"

No comments: